The SWPSA Annual Meeting is held each spring as part of the Southwestern Social Science Association Annual Meeting. The meeting attracts a broad range of political scientists from across the country and internationally. The SWPSA Annual Meeting has panels from diverse subject areas within political science and from a diverse range of institutions. The SWPSA Annual Meeting also has interdisciplinary panels in collaboration with the other SSSA affiliates. Past SWPSA meetings have been in San Antonio, New Orleans, Denver, Albuquerque, and Corpus Christi.
2017 Meeting: Austin, TX, April 12-15, Hyatt Regency
Registration is now available. Click here for hotel information. You must submit proposals at http://admin.allacademic.com/one/sssa/sssa17. October 21 is the deadline for submissions. The preliminary program will also be available at that site. If you have questions, contact the Program Chair, Jennifer Horan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kinder Institute on Constitutional Democracy at the University of Missouri is pleased to announce
the third annual Shawnee Trail Regional Conference on American Politics and Constitutionalism.
This iteration will be held, as mini-conference within the 98th Annual Meeting of the Southwestern Social
Science Association (SSSA), on Thursday April 13th, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency in Austin, TX. For more information, please see the Shawnee Trail Call for Papers.
Spring 2017 SWPSA Meeting Overview
- Comparative/International Politics Section: Nick Clark, Susquehanna University
- American Politics Section:
- Political Behavior, Elections and Campaigns – Phil Paolino, University of North Texas
- Public Opinion and Communication – Beth Miller Vonnahme, UMKC
- Political Institutions – Jeff Fine, Clemson
- Public Policy and Public Administration - Jeff Justice
- Theory Section - Jeff Justice, email@example.com
- Mini Conferences
- Texas Politics Mini Conference: Terry Gilmour (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Architecture and Politics Mini Conference: Keith Gaddie (email@example.com) and Jocelyn Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Constitutional Democracy Mini Conference: Curt Nichols (email@example.com) and Justin Dyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Beginning in 2018, our annual conference will be held in the fall. Check back later for confirmed dates for October 2018 in Orlando and October 2019 in San Diego.